View Single Post
      12-23-2020, 12:59 PM   #45
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by codestar View Post
I think he was referring to the pilot alpin pa4 tires. I have them as well and they are fantastic. I don't know if they come in SUV sizes though
Good point, though on Michelin’s homepage it looks like they bunch together Pilot and Latitude Alpin in terms of capabilities/character.
And from pictures I can see that the Pilot Alpin share the rounded edge with the Latitude Alpin.

Have you experienced start from still in a foot or more of new snow with your setup? I would suspect the rounded edges might not cut through enough and struggle doing that at incline. Also start moving side to side instead of forward.

“The MICHELIN® PILOT® Alpin® and Latitude® Alpin® Performance Winter / Snow tires combine responsive handling with the ability to grip through snow and ice. Their rubber compounds remain flexible in cold temperatures while their tread designs bite through snow and ice, as well as maintain excellent levels of wet and dry road traction in severe cold weather conditions.

The MICHELIN® X-Ice® Xi3® and Latitude® X-Ice® Xi2 Studless Ice & Snow tires feature special winter rubber compounds that help deliver the necessary traction in a variety of winter driving conditions without compromising tread life.”
Appreciate 0