View Single Post
      12-03-2021, 08:44 AM   #83
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I agree with 2 and 4 and think if Georgia can't pull it off this year, they may never do it again. Everything is there for their taking. I mostly agree with 1, except Bama lost a close game this year to TAMU and their other close games were to teams not nearly as good at Georgia.

For 3 , I think it is relevant mentally for Georgia to beat Bama and win the SEC (addressing #4). It would also knock Bama out so they wouldn't need to face them again and solidify the #1 seed. Also, they are rolling and it would be much better momentum-wise to beat Bama heading into the playoffs than have a letdown loss.

I don't think Bama is at quite the same level this year as last and I think Georgia is as good as they have been in a long time. Can never count Bama out of a big game but, like I said, I'm just not sure Georgia will ever have a better chance than right now.
I'd also add for #3, if bama comes and and destroys georgia, the committee could see that and bump them down to #5. Georgia hasnt really played anyone, and getting blown out by the only legit team on their schedule wouldnt be a good look for them.

a 1 loss OkState with back to back wins over top 10 teams is a better resume than georgia with a blowout loss to a top 10 team.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet3574.50