01-23-2024, 06:51 PM   #71
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection View Post
Well, the beauty of life is that everyone can do what pleases them. What you like is what you like and what I like is what I like, BUT no matter how you slice it, off the line and in any condition AWD wins hands down. So, if you need fast from a dead stop without any drama or throttle modulation or cut power from traction control or max power tune level for your respective gearing and traction limits, then the match of AWD will always win. And you are right, that is the beauty of xdrive on the sense that you can flip a switch and be in RWD if you want, so it really is nice. Another point to remember now is that things are different engineering wise than back in the day, so the advantage of AWD from a dead stop doesn’t always mean the drawbacks during “from a roll” situation anymore. Sure, you are a bit heavier, but components are lighter and a lot of time the RWD sports car doesn’t always win against its own AWD counterpart, even from a roll.

As for your master tech argument… there’s plenty of examples of AWD cars rolling 200k miles without any trans dramas. Keep it serviced just as well as your engine and it won’t let you down. ZF stuff is somewhat stout stuff and dare I say are supposed to be more robust than Audi’s DSGs and if those can turn the miles if taken care of, so should the ZF. Change your fluids at proper intervals and not the BS high ones BMW and other manufactures want you to and with higher quality fluids and they’ll run a long time… even aggressive driven their entire life. At least that’s been my experience.
You are right about one thing hands down you will win but RWD owners don't care as much about winning hands down, we like the RWD experience and still can beat most cars on the road with our current setup. There are alot of M3 Cars at copart now that have thought there car was invincible.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 4
Tobster3638.50
2011ninja3412.50
bri10426061.50
eugenebmw1568.50