Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by d001 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_fan View Post
I’m 19 BMW’s in and counting, and will still happily drive a Cadillac. There are a number of “current” BMW’s that squeak & creak as well with a number of well known quality control issues. Not too long ago, I had a brand new $90k BMW fail on me with 700 miles on the odo. If you think BMW’s quality control is beyond reproach I have a bridge to sell you Sure there are a number of Caddy’s that can be associated with geriatrics. But then there are other Cadillac variants that are undoubtedly drivers cars. BTW: Cadillac has done pretty well in endurance racing as well. Guesss some of those old guys like to drive

2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Consecutive Champions
Cadillac Racing Trophy Icon
MICHELIN NORTH AMERICAN
ENDURANCE CUP
2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Consecutive Champions
Cadillac Racing Trophy Icon
IMSA WEATHERTECH
SPORTSCAR CHAMPIONSHIP
2017 and 2018 Consecutive Champions
Weird....no comments on this one. The GM Alpha 2 platform is much more of a driver's car than the new G8X. But I guess everyone is focused on looks, badge, interior gimmicks and newest electronics. This is what sells today, not how dynamic and involving the car is...
In all fairness, Cadillac needs to focus on quality more and exterior looks are still a step behind. Every brand isn't perfect for one reason or another but for a street car which is what these are, the M cars offer more of what people want. I really like what Cadillac has been doing and I'm very interested in this black wing version but if all else was equal, I'd go M because of exterior looks, interior quality, reliability, resale value, and the M heritage.
Appreciate 0