View Single Post
      03-04-2024, 12:56 PM   #45
Diesel power
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24 Q8 E-Tron 24 M3 CX

A lot of people need to work on their reading comprehension. These LISTS aren't articles or comparisons they're literally an alphabetical ranking of the highest rated cars. The cars are rated for a variety of factors, which you can read about here: https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...-we-test-cars/
There is def a subjective component to the ranking as well, but the F80 and G80 have done poorly in them from almost every reviewer. Most takes I've seen sound something like "Not as great as it used to be, but delivers supercar numbers". It shouldn't be so shocking that a car that is half the price and twice as efficient but delivers 80% of the performance and maybe even better engagement might be ranked a smidge higher than the M3.
It also shouldn't be surprising that a fast Honda may not be on anyone's "Mount Rushmore" of cars, but that the M3 is on most peoples', which is why we're all here obsessing over the latest 2 thousand dollar intakes that add 3 HP or Carbon Fiber spoiler.
Like others have said, if you like it, what else matters? I've been waiting to get my M3 since the E46 was unveiled, and mine is finally getting built this week. I don't care if they wrote an article saying "Avoid this car at all costs", when I pick up the car it's going to be a very emotional moment.
Appreciate 2