View Single Post
      02-04-2024, 12:32 PM   #24
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven300 View Post
I’m considering unlocking the DME on my G82. Is there an alternative to sending the DME overseas? I was hoping to see if there is a new device or software we can get and do this from the comfort of our own garages.
Not at the moment. femto have completely monopolised the DME unlock game and are keeping a tight grasp on it. Given the sheer amount of money they're making, there's absolutely no incentive to make it more widely available and there's no one that's been able to do it stateside or anything.

I did the unlock early summer of 2023 and have no regrets, especially since I got CustomROM with bootmod3. But if you're going to wait for a stateside unlock then I would not hold my breath. Send it to femto, get it unlocked, and enjoy the power the S58 has to offer. A bit of ethanol completely wakes the car up. The only thing to be aware of is the fact that you will need to send the DME in again if you want rev2 from bootmod3 (confirmed by femto themselves), so if you're wanting to go port injection and would like the DME to fully control fueling through the port, then you'll have to wait until PTF offers it. If not, you can get CustomROM now and use a port controller like Motiv's ReFlex or MaxxECU.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 2