View Single Post
      10-20-2020, 07:59 PM   #107
Jcali86
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
What does BMW get out of this collaboration - I honestly had no clue what KITH was and I grew up/live in NYC. Seems to be some sneaker dude.

Besides putting his name on M4 - what else is different?

Collab usually means 2 entities joining forces to produce a product. This is silly marketing that greatly helps Kith not so much BMW.
I think a lot of people have become out of touch with the crossover of streetwear fashion and high fashion, in that it's appealing to a younger generation now. People that buy Gucci, Louis Vuitton etc also buy Kith, Off-White, Palm Angles etc. these brands are expensive, they are bought by mostly millennials who have money and who may look to buy an M3. Just my opinion though as someone who owns those clothing brands and is buying an M3. I also plan to buy a few pieces when the clothes drop as some of them are absolute fire.

I think it does benefit Kith more than BMW from a product perspective, but it probably cost BMW nothing and (potentially) over 2 million people saw the new M4. I had friends send me the posts who don't know I am after an M3 because I like Kith's clothes and I had some other friends send me it because they know I'm after a new car and didn't know I liked Kith.