jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
I've been to 3 of them so far. 2 pre-covid and one during covid, so the experience will be slightly different this year yet again.

You get a few minutes of instruction on the very basics of high performance driving. Nannies are all on, so it's nothing crazy, more about safety.

Then you head to the autocross and get one warm up, and two runs. They last about 40ish seconds a lap.

Fastest 3 drivers get a small prize. I've seen small foam cones with the BMW logo on it or something. I won a hat last time. It's a nice hat honestly, white with the BMW logo on it. They were actually giving these out at one point so it was a bit anti-climactic but nice nonetheless.

You can get some freebees. I got some black insulated water bottles, a lanyard, some other things I can't remember... a pen?

Then there is the test drive area where they have a variety of cars to drive. It's a 15 minute solo drive around the area. The route is pre-programmed into the iDrive. You can sign up for as many cars as you want.

There is a "drag race" section too. I never do them because I think drag racing is boring, but I know a lot of people enjoy that.

For attending the UDE you get a $1k voucher for your next BMW purchase. You also have the opportunity to purchase M School at a 20% discount. I have previously attended the 2 Day M School and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I signed up for the 1 Day M School with a buddy since there was such a nice discount offered. 2 day is $4k, 1 Day is $1500 before the discount.

Fastest drivers at the venue over the course of the entire event will be compared to all the other fastest drivers and get a chance to get a free M School or something like that. I don't think they did this last time due to the pandemic however.

Overall it's a fun day if you have nothing else better to do. If you track or autocross regularly it might be a bit less interesting since you can't turn off the nannies and the seat time isn't nearly as good as an HPDE.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 2
happyjack1657.00
Mosaud19983941.50