Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5DZL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtmacklinfbi View Post
Thanks, red calipers. I was on the fence about BG until I saw it in person and loved it. For me it was either that or IOMG. Wanted LSB since that's my color going back to my first M3 with the E46 but as other know, can't do that just yet so probably reserved for a special edition in the next couple of years.

I've called a few times over the past few weeks and while they have always said week 17, I did get one person say week 17 start date. From what I've read on the forums is that the week they say is the completed date regardless if the person says start/end week. Seems like most know to say end week, but there's a few randoms that say start so maybe a training issue at a specific call center lol.
My CA says that the build week is when it actually gets built with prep work like assignment of VIN etc happening upto 2 weeks before the build week and completion a week or so after the assigned build week. So there is roughly a 4 week window for anything to happen.

I don't know what to make of it, right now just praying I am assigned a VIN soon and then get get delivery by early summer. April 9th would be 6 months since I got my allocation.
Given that it takes 48 hours to make a car these days, one must assume then that the window they set between start and completion weeks must be sufficiently capacious to allow for time in QC? My Genius also told me the build week stipulates the one, by the *end* of which, production will be finished. But presumably that doesn't also take into account the period it may spend in QC, a distinct stage in its own right.

Previous:
G20 M340i
G20 330i M Sport
Appreciate 0