Rep
Drives: germans

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
1997 BMW M3  [0.00]
1994 BMW M3  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Not sure what you mean by the old days of the program not being around. There is still the Individual Manufaktur program where someone can request individual interior options like different interior colors, deviated stitching, extra leather covered surfaces, etc. Most don’t seem to be aware of the program nowadays and it seems from the posts of people on here that do, most dealerships don’t seem to be aware of how to work with BMW on the actual requests or just dismiss the customers as they don’t want to put in the time and effort involved for it.

The hoops I had to jump through to get my seats done was a long an arduous process, with 2 major east coast dealers having no clue how to properly execute the requests. It took me convincing Individual NA, for them to convince BMW AG to make it happen. And one of the requests (wrapped center console) was denied even though it's on the european Manufaktur catalog for the G20.

They need to follow Porsche's lead with special order stuff - offer it up for the price that makes it worthwhile and let people order what they want.
1994 318i - alpine white / Super Touring Project
Appreciate 2
chicagofan0019304.50
bandersen609.00