SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Camus0 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulkBen View Post
This is an impressive host of features, good to hear from satisfied customers too. My custom E70 BM3 tune through Paul Johnson sounds like your Ecutek tune though, so this is more about platforms than tuners.

I know it has been covered a bit, but if you or Marshall could explain how the flex fuel and map switching works it would be appreciated.

Are different base tunes still required for the various fuels you use?

Let say for example someone switches between 98 and E50 depending on the day / week.

I assume they still have to have pre-loaded up a 98 tune and an e50 tune to begin with?

If switching from E50 to a 98 blend, would you switch to the 98 tune or just let the flex fuel system adjust the boost / timing as it detects a change in fuel?

Still confused about when the flex fuel does its thing vs when you have to physically change maps. Offline maps is a big positive though. While the BM3 system is good I've been caught out a few times due to internet reception issues, server issues and connection issues.
That's the main purpose of the flex fuel kit, it connects one of the pins from the E% sensor to the ECU wiring and the ECU will know the current E % content. Then the ECU will adjust the correct AFR and timing tables for that particular blend in real time.

Granted, you need your tuner to provide a tune that takes advantage of the flex fuel kit. On the Supra I have the Visconti flex fuel kit and it works seamlessly with Ecutek, my tuner (Marin) made it work.

If you don't have the flex fuel kit, you may need to flash each time that you want to change blend though.
Flex fuel or nothing!!! Lol😂. Pump whatever the hell you want and go baby
Appreciate 2