Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi587 View Post
Porsche is still making manuals. =)

Not sure if it is true but I heard next Gen of boxsters/ Cayman’s will be naturally aspirated as well again. However, I’m hoping there will be more manual 911s on the market.

Love my F80 M3 but wish I did not get the DCT ugh...
Video of a technical walkthrough of the new GT4. At 5:48 Andreas Preuninger (Director of GT division?) articulates why manuals remain an important part of the driving experience for some and espouses Porsche's philosophy on PDK vs manual. Essentially its about giving the customer the choice!

Its clear to me now that Porsche remains most committed to the enthusiast driving experience and they have seen their competitions brand strategy and have cleverly positioned theirs to avoid some of the pitfalls. GT4/Spyder with N/A engines and 6MT? And word that the regular 718/Boxsters may go back to NA? Call me a dreamer but I'm even hoping they'll find some way, even if it is electrical/computerized trickery, to get the manual gearbox into an electric 911. Because they're Porsche and thats what they do

Hopefully new M3/M4 brings the customer closer to the enthusiast experience than the opposite.
Appreciate 0