10-14-2021, 12:58 PM   #54
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
It's certainly not the organization's fault. If Im understanding everything correctly, its not the Nets who are forcing the vaccine, its NYC. Can't Kyrie play in away games?

Now where it is the Nets fault is choosing to stick by a player with known off court issues. Clearly, based off previous issues, he may be struggling with something internally, but they chose his ability over that so in that essence, that IS on the Nets.
Correct, NYC has been enforcing this mandate for all indoor sporting venues. Kyrie can play road games, however, the Nets chose that with him being in/out of the lineup, it’ll cause distractions and there won’t be any continuity. Therefore, they are paying him every road game while he stays away. There’s hope that the mandates may be lifted when a new NYC mayor takes the office in January so the Nets are hoping that happens and/or he gets the jab.

I was thinking that the Nets should call his bluff about threatening to retire if he were traded and just trade him to the Rockets for John Wall. Nets would actually have to make the salaries match as Wall makes about $10M more but I think a healthy Wall is better than a risky Kyrie who might not ever play for the Nets again.
Appreciate 1
EnVe461037.50