View Single Post
      09-29-2021, 09:54 AM   #15
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

I went from an F80 comp, to a Macan Turbo, and am now moving back to a G80X. The Macan is great, and if I was to buy one today, I'd probably go for the '22 GTS as it has the same engine as the Turbo, and is a pretty good value.

The rear seats in the Macan are a bit bigger, but not by a whole lot. I have little kids, so it doesn't really make a difference for me. With the seats down the Macan has a fair amount of storage space, which is handy if you need to haul things around. I was able fit a full set of loose 21" wheels and a set of loose tires in the back without issue.

The Macan is obviously quite a bit better in the snow, though I imagine that gap will shrink with the G80X. The air suspension on the Macan is pretty useful, as you can have normal mode, low mode (10mm drop), or off road mode (raised 2in).

The Macan is noticeably heavier and slower. I have a tune on mine which helps, but it's still no M3. IMHO, the exhaust on the Macan sounds better than the F80 (I haven't heard a G80 in person), though that may be in part to my Akra. Porsche uses generated sounds if the car is equipped with PSE, which I don't think can be turned off.

BMW's tech is much better. The 22 MY Macan seems to have improvements here, but I expect it will still be behind what's in the G80.

FWIW, I drove an X3M comp before buying the Macan. The X3M is faster no doubt, but I personally didn't care for the styling and the fact there was no leather dash (at least for the 2020 model year) in an $80K car was disappointing. I also drove the Stelvio QV and GLC63S, but didn't choose them for various reasons.
YamaLink425.00