View Single Post
      04-01-2022, 12:56 AM   #8
SONIK15
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3XC, 2022 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDBimmer View Post
I had a similar noise on mine. I can only reproduce it after driving for multiple hours and only under very light braking pressures. No noticeable reduction in braking power.
Hey, did you ever get that brake noise issue resolved? I just took delivery of my G80 last month and with only about 250mi on the car I have the exact same brake noise from the front brakes (extremely loud noise that sounds like a freight train coming to a stop). Only happens with light brake pressure in traffic once the car has been driven for about 20-30 min but does not happen when braking hard or on the highway (for example slowing down from 85mph to 75mph, 75mph to 65mph etc). And no apparent loss in braking pressure; so basically, when the brake pads have heated up enough obviously the expansion of the warm brake pads coming into contact with something but only at low speeds, because when the pads cool off the noise goes away completely...I posted about this issue on my local forum recently (with a couple of ideas from members but I haven't had a chance to try out yet); but nobody in the area seems to have had this particular issue.
Car has been at the dealer service shop for almost a week now and they've supposedly been in communication with BMW in Germany to try and find a resolution to the problem...
Appreciate 0