View Single Post
      03-14-2024, 09:45 AM   #53
BmwFanBoy94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbethesda View Post
There is no M1/M2 mode. Those buttons are merely presets. Instead of radio stations, they change various settings to match what you set the button to. Anytime you independently change one of the settings that the M1/M2 buttons can store, the M1/M2 icon disappears to denote that your current settings are not the same as your set of presets. That doesn’t mean some “mode” is disabled. The only modes are M-modes that only change when you press the m mode button near the gear selector.

So, in this case, yes, if you’ve selected M1 as an example, then press the sound control button, the M1 icon disappears. Again, all that means is now at least one parameter is different than you have configured for M1 (sound control). All other settings stay the same.
I know that….

What I meant to ask was does it disable sport/sport+ mode when you turn off exhaust button.

My presets for M1 is sport as is the case for 90% of M owners. When I press the exhaust button off, M1 is instantly disabled as shown in the cluster so I’m assuming it’s disabling sports mode also. In my f82 with the awron I could close the valves and still run sports/sports+ mode.
Appreciate 0