View Single Post
      03-14-2024, 03:56 AM   #51
BmwFanBoy94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggripper View Post
I can’t tell you exactly what the button is fully designed to do but I can tell you my experience with my current setup which is:
1) ASD coded off via bimmercode
2) valves full open with Dahler controller
3) MAD mid pipe

I went through several incremental stages of experimenting with this exhaust system. I started out with the Dahler controller so that I could have full control of the flaps. Then I moved to coding ASD fully off with bimmer code — which when done correctly is pretty obvious because the exhaust is significantly less prominent even when the valves are fully opened with the Dahler unit. Those changes were subtle enough that I was still unable to fully grasp what the hell the button was doing.

Once I installed my MAD mid pipe, the effects of the button were easier to observe and, therefore, much more clear. With a mid pipe, valve controller, and ASD coded off, it is now clear that the button only acts as a toggle switch for burbles.

ASD button on = lots of burbles.
ASD button off = zero burbles.

Personally I am unable to perceive any difference in volume.

Exact same issue with me.

I have the Leib can exhaust pro and I can hardly tell a difference between fully open and closed when under load with an AA EL installed. In my f82 it was very easy to tell however I did have Downpipes on that car.

Had me wondering if the exhaust control unit is actually working correctly.
Appreciate 0