03-11-2024, 07:14 PM   #46
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Oh, wow...so all this time, I thought I had it coded it off, but I was never really sure. Guess not!

I'll reach out to Bimmercode to see if they can assist me.

But hec, after coding, if exhaust "on" is going to be just the volume level with the button "off" in quiet mode for me right now simply with added burbles, it's going to be awfully quiet. NOW I see why everyone desperately wants more interior cabin sound once the ASD is coded off (correctly ). With no ASD, a midpipe and a valve controller is mandatory if you want some additional sound. Those burbles won't be enough.

Oh, but I think I'm forgetting that we will get additional volume from the valves being opened with the use of Sport Plus, so then you get burbles plus valves opened. And I guess that may sound nice, though not that loud from inside the car. Now it makes sense why having the valves FULLY opened with a valve controller makes a significant difference, with ASD coded off.

Interesting...
All that you should need to do is change "Active Sound Design" to off, code that, then go back into the RAM and at the bottom there's an "Activation Codes" button, tap on ASD code in there, and click deactivate. Then code again if necessary. Those will completely deactivate ASD, your center console button is now a burbles button.
Appreciate 2
Wardy8258.50