danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurns View Post
Hopefully soon I will be taking delivery of my new G82. Having specific areas treated with a PPF material is of keen interest. However, my direct experience with PPF is very limited. I am only familiar with those small pieces around the trailing edge of the rocker panels that come factory installed. Research on other forums has not produced answers to the following questions: 1. Are there any side effects to the clear coat/paint if and when the PPF is removed? 2. Does the PPF yellow over time due to UV radiation? 3. What are some of your recommended practices, lessons learned, etc. regarding all things PFF? Thanks for any inputs.
1. i have yet to see any side effects. the only damage that can be done on the paint is entirely on the installation/removal process. make sure you go to someone with experience.

2. only after many many many years, and depending on the environment your car is in. PPF may yellow quicker if it’s left sitting in the sun all year round as oppose to sitting in the garage... but we’re talking about YEARS, not a season or two.

3. dont cheap out on the PPF and the installer. do your research, ask others who have had quality PPF installed around your local area. dont cheap out. and dont cheap out.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 1
2011ninja3396.00