RichardGM4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murse85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardGM4 View Post
Yes, mine did exactly the same about 2 weeks ago - car has only done 1,500 miles and I also sh4t myself as I thought I'd run over a large metal object

I was waiting for an electric gate to open and the car crept forward at 1-2mph when it made the noise, sounded like something metal being dragged along. I was about 50% of full lock as I was entering from the left.

I immediately stopped and reversed back as I thought something was stuck under the car and it did it again. I got out and checked under the car - nothing.

Got back in, carefully pulled away and up the drive - no noise. It never did it before and not done it since.
Lolol!! Dude!! Exact same scenario as me this morning. Happened while I was waiting for the gate to open as I was creeping out. Wasn’t as freaked as this is the second time. I feel like the rotor area is not covered adequately. This has never happened to me before on a non bmw/m3
It's weird eh? I had a stone stuck between the rotor and the shield on my Impreza STi years ago and had to have it taken apart to get it out

Bit strange if this does it as often as it sounds like it does, but it clears itself so easily!
Appreciate 0