View Single Post
      06-29-2022, 12:41 PM   #20
discountbarber
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza1976 View Post
Holy shit, no way I’d pay over 10% of the cost of my car for this.

I honestly don’t get it fellas, IMO this is just an epic waste of money on any car…
I also completely understand this perspective -- I'd by lying if I said I wasn't a little uncomfortable with paying this kind of cash for a paint protection process that is going to be mostly unrecoverable in the value of the vehicle.

That said, I still think it's the right decision for me. First of all, my M4 is spec'd to over 110k and has an individual paint color. Repainting the vehicle to address some kind of scuff or serious chip would itself cost thousands of dollars. Second, I've wanted one of these cars since I was a little kid, so this is also a big moment for me and a vehicle I intend to keep forever. I am also extremely OCD about the quality of things I own, so the first (and inevitable) rock chip would absolutely break my heart.

Just as an FYI, I'm purchasing a rider for my insurance policy that will cover reapplying PPF and ceramic in the event of any damage to the vehicle. It's an additional $8 a month for $10,000 in coverage.

Want to be clear about one thing -- I think PPF'ing a car you intend to sell is fucking insane.
Appreciate 2
forza19763398.00
T0RM3NT3642.00