Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dovaro View Post
If someone will not track the car at all and only using it as a daily driver and road trips.

Do you think normal seats will be more comfortable than carbon seats ?
I think that would be pretty obvious, I am ready to live with any additional uncomfort the carbon seats may induce because of the 10+ track days I attend per season but if I would be doing 3 or less I would highly consider the regular seats.
Some people don't track (I do only about 3 days a year) and will still opt for the bucket seats for the obvious aesthetic value. However, they look to be about as comfortable as the current competition pack seats. The competition pack seats, to me, an athletic guy, are the most comfortable seats because for the same reason some prefer a firm mattress, I love firm and supportive seats.

I recently had a 750i as a loaner and felt completely unsupported when I was driving casually, let alone aggressively.
+1

100% aesthetic reason for me on the M3. Will not even think about tracking this, but those seats look marvelous. Also as you said, it does not look all that uncomfortable...sure compared to the regular seats, maybe. But as a stand-alone, should be more than adequate, even on longer drives. And let's be honest here, the seats are made of carbon fiber, but it has plenty of padding and not nearly as aggressive as Porsche's or any other super car brand CF seats you typically associate CF seats to.