10-05-2020, 11:39 PM   #94
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Wow. Yas Marina Blue is one of the most common colors in the NYC area. I generally see one a day.

I like the SPY in the video...the real life pictures show it to be much more lime green.

Here's my issue. Even if I liked it, there is no way, I mean NO WAY, can I show up to a business meeting and expect to be taken seriously driving a SPY G80.
I work in the ER so no business meetings for me. I can envision places that I'd feel a little uncomfortable driving it into though. The YMB is a super unique color and I get a ton of compliments, but I feel like it's sort of an under the radar unique color. Or maybe I'm just numb to how cool it is after 4 years.

With the SPY I like that it seems to have a little bit of neon green in it. It makes it a little more interesting to me compared to just a standard boring banana yellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick955 View Post
You think it would have been much better with Frozen Orange?

I'm actually in the same place with you... looking at the Toronto Red and the SPY. Liking the SPY, but want that bit of green in there. Best in person thought was from the guy who took the photos at the show in China...

"I also don't like yellow car in general, but SP yellow is an exception. SP yellow looks like lime colored yellow, it is so special and not overstated."

So that's a good indication that it does indeed have that green hue!
Is this saying that SPY is not overstated or that the lime in it isn't overstated? Because SPY itself seems like a very overstated (in a good way I think) color. Nothing understated about it.
Appreciate 0