01-28-2022, 10:43 AM   #1917
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightedBMW View Post
Yup; full blown long block motor swap. Final cost to BMW was quite hefty!! Crazy that the MBS recall actually resulted in them replacing it. You can read my saga in the MBS recall threads.

So far so good. I've only put on about 40 miles since I picked it up, but seems to be running smooth.

Insane situation and I thought there was no shot in this market that I'd have my car back in 30 days once I heard I needed a new motor and it had to come from Germany. Surprised is an understatement.
Id honestly rather have the whole motor replaced than part of it in piecemeal (If I had to have it done).

On my 2017 RS7 I actually blew the engine at 2500 miles and Audi NA offered me a full replacement and 10k but I knew that the value of the car was diminished. Any Audi dealer could review the R/O and see it was a replaced engine and I would get fucked on trade so I actually negotiated a full cash buy back.

Im not sure what happened with KnightedBMW and hope the carfax and other reports do not show such a process was done.
My car had 97k on it and I sold it with 145k on odometer. It took about 30 days for me too and my ticket was at 27k. Of course I didn't pay that and as far as diminished value, it didn't matter at that point. I'm anal about my cars so it sold in less than 24 hours.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 0