Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Honestly, I don't know what the F BMW was thinking with this design. Actually, I do know:

They said, let's get rid of the Hofmeister Kink, the Zicker Line, the classic BMW rear light design (and sub it for Lexus), the angel eyes (and the hexagon angels), the kidney grills, the integrated 4 exhausts, the hidden gas tank, a fluid design, etc. Then they said let's have sex with a bucktooth beaver for fun. And viola, your new 4 series. Enjoy.
Hof kink is still there. On the M4 is just exaggerated and stretched out. M3 is still there at the traditional angle.

Angels. BMW went from circles, to hexagonal, to what we see on the M3 which is partial hexagon. I think the completely circular angels were getting a little old fashioned. I can understand that people don't like the new design but it is essentially the hexagon design.

Kidney grilles are there, but we get it, you don't like the large ones. Most don't and BMW knew it would receive a lot of backlash. Designs like this require time. I personally think it's bold and I'll reserve judgement for a year or two after I start seeing them on the road.

Hidden gas tank? I'm starting to think you don't know much about cars.

Integrated "4 exhausts". Are you talking about tail pipes? I have no idea what you're looking at, but they still look like real tail pipes to me. Four of them in the right shape and at about the same position as previous M cars.
Appreciate 5
JTO245276.00
heavyD^23688.50
JustChris17532.00
clee1982797.50