Thread: M3/M4 vs 911
View Single Post
      12-17-2022, 06:55 PM   #106
MichaelB1969
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Base SSG/Fiona

I just sold my 991.2 Carrera T w/ 7-speed manual and have an M3 base on order. I test drove the M3 for all of 15 minutes, so can’t really compare.

There are some fun twisty roads here in the Bay Area, and when I drove them with the Porsche it was a lot of fun. However, that type of driving only made up around 5% of the total driving I do. And for the other 95%, the Porsche wouldn’t be ideal for me.

I realize some consider a GT3 an acceptable daily driver, but I think these individuals are the exception versus the norm. For me, even the 991.2 wasn’t super livable as a daily.

Not super easy to get in and out of, ride was a bit stiff, worried about scraping the front lip all the time, only fit two people, couldn’t fit anything sizable in the frunk, bit high strung, etc.

I think the M3 will be a much more comfortable daily driver with a ton more practicality and a nicer interior, while still being exciting to drive.

FWIW, the sale of the Porsche was triggered by me giving my son my daily driver, which was a VW GTI Sport w/ 6MT. Having the GTI and 991.2 was a great combo. Choice from there was to use the Porsche as my daily, buy a new daily to replace the GTI, or sell the Porsche and buy one car that would do it all, which is what I decided to do.
Appreciate 2
PLF693767.50
picaso145.00