View Single Post
      07-28-2021, 10:48 AM   #7
dimab0
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 (G82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
I did not know that this was an option! I would like more details, cost, etc. thanks. PM is fine if you don't want to tell the whole world.

Is the coaching in-car, or lead/follow? Do they (aside from drifting) let you do it without DSC on?

I haven't gotten my notification yet about my free school, bought the car in May. Oh wait... no, I didn't get the Drive's package option, so I guess all I'll get is maybe a half day M school thing.
My Driver's Package included the higher speed limiter and a 1-day M School. I know there is also a "new owner half day event" but that is significantly more casual and more tour / demonstrations.

Private coaching runs $400/hr, excluding an hour for lunch. For me, 3hr booked for each day with 2hr driving, then 1hr lunch, then 1hr driving....this is a LOT - I physically could not do much more. You only take breaks from driving if you need it, so it is mentally taxing. They tailor the experience to your skill level. Did some lead-follow for 3-4 laps, then had instructor in car with me. He would switch to MDM or lower traction, or no traction, depending on how well I was doing over time. If your goal is to explore laps with DSC off, you can certainly push hard with it on and feel when it kicks in, then as you improve control such that it intervenes less then the instructor likely will reduce traction for you.

It's far from a 'sales pitch' or teaser event. The instructor will find your skill limit and help you improve from there, quickly.
Appreciate 2
LuvMyE923000.00