Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer TiM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
For my G80 6MT:

1) Faster wireless charging for the phone dock inside the center console. It works, don't get me wrong, but for the LCI I would love to see a wireless phone charging pad that can transmit at 7.5W or even 10W if possible

2) The current cup holders in front of the transmission are functional, but anything larger than a can will have difficulty fitting in (I'm a huge boba/milk tea addict and the cups are always a hit or miss for fitment)

3) Gotta test this, but maybe have fast-charging capability for all the usb-c ports. Would be really helpful for long drives

Subscribed to this thread and will add as I think of more things
The problem (I think) with the charging tray behind the cup holders is that the phone gets really warm and then stops charging. At least I think that's why it stops charging. When it is charging I agree it is REALLY slow, but I assume faster would just create more heat and more problems. Not sure what the solution is, but the charging tray is fairly worthless to me as on anything longer than a short drive the phone stops charging. I drove from Knoxville to Ohio and the phone started the drive at 92% and by the end with it being on the charger most of the time I was down to 44%. It was my 2nd day owning the car so I wasn't acquainted with blue light/orange light, but it was apparently not charging for most of the drive. I'll just connect it via the USB cable in a few weeks when I drive to Chicago.
What is this blue light/orange light thing you speak of? Thanks
When you slide your phone into the wireless charging tray, a small light appears to indicate the phone is charging:

Blue: charging

Orange: not charging (phone overheating or blockage)

Red: broken charger

Included a screen shot of the 6MT charging pad for your reference:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1