Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 E93 M3-DCT,'21 G80 M3-6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteflier View Post
I use the A/C button to turn it off, but the Auto button to turn it on, and then adjust accordingly. Agree burying the Synch in Idrive is dumb. 2 biggest complaints: only one 12v outlet in cup holder. Hate to keep it open for the detector when it is carbon fiber and adds to the interior; and not having automatic tilt/telescope on an $80k + car!!! I have it all the way out and down, but would like to move it out of the way without having the stupid unlock, push/pull. And you can't lock it unless you have the fob? Maybe I'm missing something, but that makes no sense. I love the voice command, although sometimes you have to almost shout. Otherwise, the ergonomics are really very good. Do wish the HK stereo had better bass. The standard Bose on my Vette was better.
Agree on the steering wheel. I don't mind the manual setting of it, but for the price it should be motorized. There should also be a setting option in idrive for the steering wheel to go up and seat to go back when you enter/exit the car.

I think the HK system just overall doesn't have a very full rich sound as I'd expect from an $85k car.
Regarding the HK stereo, you tuned the EQ to your ear and it didn't sound good? Mine sounded bad from factory, but sounds quite good once I tweaked the EQ settings thoroughly. Sound is subjective of course, but I use Air Pods Max daily which also sound luxurious to my ears for comparison.
Appreciate 0