View Single Post
      06-17-2021, 11:30 AM   #547
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
I’m the opposite of a Ham fan, but anyone that takes a paycut is displaying the ultimate act of humility. Honestly think on it for yourself, did you ever volunteer one? If someone told you that it was mandatory, you’d be on the job boards (I know you’re retired, proverbially using you.) if he in fact does it, everyone that dislikes him for his character (more than can admit with assumed racism…) may want to give him some credit. We shall see.
I don't think it's fair to compare my situation to HAM's...He has earned generational wealth which completely changes the decision making process.

Speaking for myself, should I have his net worth, I'd rather have more championships than money. So, I'd be happy to take a pay cut to benefit the team and get a better car. I also don't think the net result will be a pay cut. Remember it's less guaranteed money but MORE incentive payout.

I'm not trying to discredit HAM. Just the opposite, he is no where near washed up & can afford to bet on himself. In addition, the "Tom Brady" model which I suggested should provide incentive and motivation.

So would I take a flat out pay cut? No

Would I take a pay cut with performance cash incentives to enhance additional championship hopes? YES

In the end I don't think he will make less money. He could possibly make more via a different method.

It's still just a rumor also.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60232.00