01-11-2018, 12:40 PM   #147
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
I've always disliked the idea of AWD in a sporty car, I've owned Quattro Audi and VW Touaregs and xdrive BMWs and the system suits those non sporty cars.

However I ran in a tuned RS3 the other week and was astounded by the acceleration off the line, made my M3 feel limp wristed, IF M can keep the M dynamic and add the traction of AWD I'm all for it.

I caveat that statement with: The way the RS3 went into a corner was awful and I wouldn't swap the traction for such a piss poor feel and understeer BUT if M can walk a fine line then it might just work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4TT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptper View Post
Put me down for AWD similar to the M5. I was missing Quattro this past winter.
I really don't care either way as long as: 1) it's just as fun or more fun to drive vs the F8x; and 2) it can put power down at least equally as well or better than current gen ZCP.

If the car has increased power and stays RWD - it needs to be able to put the power down, otherwise the traditional benefits of RWD are basically offset.

AWD that defaults to RWD, and only sends power to the front wheels when needed is very intriguing. As long as measures are taken to offset the extra weight of AWD, and the above other criteria are met - I'm in favor of it!
...and AWD is the default at launch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
I've always disliked the idea of AWD in a sporty car, I've owned Quattro Audi and VW Touaregs and xdrive BMWs and the system suits those non sporty cars.

However I ran in a tuned RS3 the other week and was astounded by the acceleration off the line, made my M3 feel limp wristed, IF M can keep the M dynamic and add the traction of AWD I'm all for it.

I caveat that statement with: The way the RS3 went into a corner was awful and I wouldn't swap the traction for such a piss poor feel and understeer BUT if M can walk a fine line then it might just work.
We shall see if in further reviews whether or not BMW accomplished this fine-line balance on the F90 M5... assuming BMW was successful on the F90, then a 500 lb. lighter G80 should be able to pull it off all the better!
Appreciate 0