08-02-2021, 07:03 AM   #77
Meanie
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4C

Official ALPINE WHITE G80 M3 / G82 M4 Thread

Hey Guys and Gals,

Long time no speak! It is that time again to obviously upgrade and of course we cannot leave a car stock standard. It just would be a shame to leave things as "vanilla".

One thing that I must say that having had now 4 generations of ///M's one can truly see the evolution of BMW's and their philosophy of design and what they are bringing to the market. Some things are positive, something are negative and some things have remained the same.

Anyways, since taking delivery last week Wednesday (28th July 2021) - the whole ordering system and how we can spec cars has very much become a frustrating thing. I wanted to order a full spec M4 X-Drive with all the bells and whistles to only be told that many things would be unavailable for up to a year. Meaning I would have to wait for around mid June/July 2022 to get my exact spec. With that being said, if I wanted to order now, I would not be able to get certain options:

- Harmon Kardon
- Laser lights
- Carbon Ceramic Brakes
- Carbon Seats
- Wireless Charging

Taking into consideration the above and my want for a new G8x I decided to see what was available in country and found myself finding an ok spec. It ticked most of the boxes however things that were missing was Carbon Ceramics (something I could live without), Carbon Seats, extended leather and Carbon Exterior Package. For the most part besides the brake upgrade and seats the carbon package is something I could do afterwards with M Perf parts.

Here is the spec:

- G82 G82 M4 Competition Coupé (32AZ)
- Alpine White III (300)
- Leather Merino extended Black (LKSW)
- 19"/20" M forged wheels Double-spoke style 826 M

The rest is pretty standard with the normal bells and whistles.

Planned modifications:

- BMW M-Perf Springs
- BMW M-Perf 963M wheels
- BMW CF Air Inlets
- BMW M-Perf CF duct gills
- BMW M-Perf Mirror Caps
- Front Attachment - Not sold on the current M-Perf one
- Rear Diffuser - Would like to see what Akra releases before looking at the M-Perf one.
- Rear Spoiler - hoping something better than the M-Perf comes out
- Side Rocker Blade and Winglet - Not a fan of the huge wing they have introduced.
- Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust (already preordered)

The car is currently at my detailer getting paint correction and PPF (high impact zones, not a full PPF again, it was a waste on my M2C) including ceramic coating.

Here are some pics of the car so far with its current detailing:

Attachment 2662925
Attachment 2662926
Attachment 2662927
Attachment 2662928
Attachment 2662932
Attached Images

- 2008 E92 ///M3 - AW, CF Leather Trim, 6MT - Mods: Black Grills, Black Gills, CF mirrors - SOLD
Appreciate 1
02M3ForMe4264.50