View Single Post
      04-25-2021, 04:25 AM   #4
snarkeygolbin
Private
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmf8x View Post
Rwd with the option of varying levels of traction is going to be a lot superior to the awd with 2wd Dsc entirely off in terms of RWD fun. The reason being that unless you're a really high level driver, you're going to want some sort of nannies to save you in case shit goes out of hand when you're slipping around.

Anyone who bought the m5 with awd probably only turns it into 2wd for burnouts and donuts, it's not really driveable in just 2wd with tc off often unless you're really capable.

Small slides/slips through corners and even in a straight line in MDM makes rwd so much fun in the F series M cars, because traction fully off with all that torque can get scary at times. I'd probably get the rwd unless I really needed awd For weather conditions.

AWD slides don't feel the same, not as snappy.

But it's hard to say until the awd is out.

Brilliant answer thanks for that. Been so torn between the two!

I was smiling all through the test drives and the grip in the RWD was pretty insane, but the nannies were on and the drive was pretty much perfect. I am not a highly skilled driver.

Im in the UK so it rains a lot but even with AWD I wont drive hard in the rain.

Also the unknown of when we will receive the AWD (coud be Nov) and the not knowing what the car will feel like (will be epic either way) makes me want to stick with the RWD (hopefully get it July).

The once test models come out can soon jump in one and change to AWD if needed around LCI time.
Appreciate 0