05-31-2021, 01:01 PM   #30
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
So I read this thread this morning as I too have either unplugged or modified the flap to not close on previous cars. Here's what I've found. . .
LuckyBrand

Excellent post

My problem is that I did not want to leave the actuator off . . . just me and my preference. Yet, I could not get the actuator shaft to ever turn enough to match the fully open valve position. I tried everything, but the actuator just never seems to want to turn to fully open . . . which makes me wonder if the valves are ever fully open??

Regarding the spring action, I considered this, but a little differently than you outline . . . even if the actuator shaft is not lined up with the receptor (what I have been referencing as the 'diaphragm'), you can 'force' it over the receptor and secure it in place because receptor will depress due to its spring. Again, for whatever reason, just did not sit well with me doing that. . . or trying to remove the spring altogether.

vetteflier mentions ACG-VSC2 and AWE aftermarket options, however, neither website indicates anything for the G80/82 as of yet.

I really wish I could figure out how to get the actuator shaft fully open? That would solve everything. Again, I seriously doubt it every fully opens, which makes me wonder if we ever hear the exhaust with the valves fully open? I sat under my car (in P, obviously) in Sport+ with my wife giving full revs and the actuator shaft never turned to fully open.

vetteflier suggested trying to manually turn (force) the actuator shaft into fully open position with a flathead screwdriver. I tried and that thing will not budge.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
LuckyBrand1380.00