Danlnyc88
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Comp, 2017 Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Nonsense. if they release a Masters golf edition 7 series I'll find it equally tacky and desperate.

Surprised you don't object more to BMW corporate elites pandering than the people calling it out. There's nothing about corporate BMW/M that's "Kith."

BMW/M used to make driver's cars that people were drawn to on merit. Now they're hoping lifestyle associations will generate sales.

In their defense, and from a brand outlook perspective, there's a waning interest in cars & driving among younger gens. Positioning cars as an element of the lifestyle shit they're actually interested in might not be a bad play.

If they're wrong, they could end up being castigated from both sides as sellouts. I'd say they're well on their way from the enthusiast perspective.
The point is, this is a huge victory for Kith even though people feel Kith is not worthy/beneath BMW. I dont see it as pandering on the part of BMW - there was no gun to their head, they chose to do this on their own.

The alignment of ideas and brands in today’s world will not resonate with the ignorant, which is the whole problem evidenced in this thread. So instead of trying to understand this in greater detail, the dumbed-down commentary ensues.

Kith and BMW have already won regardless of what anyone thinks.
As someone told you earlier this thread please just STFU.

Everything you said and claim is utter nonsense.

We get it you're a hypebeast. Did you buy a few thinking you can flip it for profit?

Just shut up man.
Appreciate 1
Pinkoboe226.50