10-24-2020, 08:55 AM   #231
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
Do any if you realize how ignorant, clueless about culture, small-minded, and even racist many if you come across?

And a few of you have inserted yourselves in the same class as Donald Trump......ever heard of ‘less is more’?

I didn’t realize how many of you are marketing Gurus and brand image consultants - none of whom are successful in that field!

But this is America after all......
Nonsense. if they release a Masters golf edition 7 series I'll find it equally tacky and desperate.

Surprised you don't object more to BMW corporate elites pandering than the people calling it out. There's nothing about corporate BMW/M that's "Kith."

BMW/M used to make driver's cars that people were drawn to on merit. Now they're hoping lifestyle associations will generate sales.

In their defense, and from a brand outlook perspective, there's a waning interest in cars & driving among younger gens. Positioning cars as an element of the lifestyle shit they're actually interested in might not be a bad play.

If they're wrong, they could end up being castigated from both sides as sellouts. I'd say they're well on their way from the enthusiast perspective.

Appreciate 4