10-12-2022, 12:37 PM   #4
colo3Kid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NawafG80M3 View Post
Hello all.

Ive been trying to find a service manual for my g80 m3, i found this manual and i was wondering if there is anyone who tried it before and can share his experience?

https://bmwmanualspro.com/product/20...repair-manual/
I saw your post about the manual site and decided to order one for my 2022 G82CX. I did the ordering all online. A receipt was emailed almost immediately with a link back to the site and the manual's description that I just ordered, plus another link to download the manual; I thought? When I ordered I used a card and not PayPal and I got another email notification from PayPal that my order had gone thru.

However, that link to download the manual was just a 1 page pdf with requests for make, model, year, VIN etc. But those requests were not linked to another location? And I presumed that I had provided all the necessary info when I selected the manual from their webpage?

There was however, another line in the email receipt that said the link to the manual might take 24 hours before actually providing it. Well, I got a little anxious since by day 2 1/2 I had used up all my attempts (3) to download the manual using the link that just kept giving that 1 page pdf. So I started to get a little concerned that this was maybe a scam?

So I sent a reply to the first email attempting to describe my efforts at downloading the manual and only getting the 1 page pdf. But that reply went undeliverable, twice! So now I was more concerned and decided to check the charges on my card. Well the manual had been charged almost immediately and was not pending?

I decided to call my card company and begin a disputed claim, after all it was now October 7 and I had made my order on October 4. Well the following day, October 8, I got a reply from the merchant concerned about the dispute received by the card company. And it turned out they sent another email that morningwith a link to the manual and felt like they had sent the merchandise but were not getting paid now. That second email had a link to download the manual via google drive. I gave it a shot hoping for the best and it turned out it worked -- plus scanning a couple of sections of the manual seemed legitimate. I say that because there were parts of it that referred to G80 configurations/info and not G82? This is an interesting point that I'll mention later.

I then contacted the card company to stop the dispute, but could not since it was in process. I described to the claims person what had happened and that I was able to download the manual but now the merchant wanted his money; of course. I replied to the merchant's email complaint about the filing of the dispute and said he should contact the card company and make another charge and he should get paid. Also in my reply I mentioned that I had not been able to download the manual after 24 hours and only got the 1 page pdf and felt concerned by day 3. In his reply he thanked me for paying for the manual and said my manual was VERY NEW and it took the extra days to compile because of that (I haven't checked the whole manual's contents but as I said earlier there are sections that are headed with reference to the G80 and that's probably ok depending on the section since they should have G8x info and may not need specific details to either model?)

At this time, there has been no further issues. Sorry for the length of this note but good luck to the next buyer, hope this helps with your specific experience.

I still am in processing of reading the sections to glean whatever valuable info is contained therein? We'll see if it is worth the $89.99
Appreciate 1
Kaiz3n0.00