07-20-2023, 10:49 PM   #29
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonluv810 View Post
I'm not much of a writer. So I'll keep it short and sweet.

It was quite an amazing experience. I ended up driving for 1,772 miles in the span of 5 days. From Denver to Vegas, I took the interstate all the way through. Coming back, drove through 2-lane highways and scenic routes.

A few things I wanted to highlight from the trip (nothing new really):
  • G80 is quite a cruiser. When you want to simply enjoy the miles, just set everything in comfort and turn on cruise control, and you'll be riding in a luxury sedan. It reminds me of driving an E39 M5.
  • 100 mph feels like 60, and no, this is not an exaggeration.
  • It gets an amazing gas mileage. I got 24.9 mpg doing the entire trip, cruising at 80-85 mph in the interstate with a few times hitting 130mph, getting stuck in traffic around Vegas and coming back doing an average of 50-60 mph in the highway/scenic routes.
  • Uniden R7 is a life-saver.
  • Carbon bucket seats are amazingly comfortable (at least for me). The longest drive in a day was an 8.5-hour straight drive, with a couple gas and restroom breaks. I'm 6'1", 190lbs, okay fit with not the best back, and my back had zero complaint throughout the trip.
  • San Marino Blue attracts attention left and right. Kept getting thumbs up!
  • Car washing and detailing during road trip is a must! Adam Polish' bug remover spray is a Godsend.
  • Left-lane camping is truly a pandemic worse than covid, it impacts everyone, doesn't matter age, sex, origin, I saw plates from Colorado, California, New York, Kentucky, and all the local states through the trip, everyone seems to drive slow in the left lane.
  • G80 HK system sucks majorly. I never paid much attention driving around town. But on long trips, I really missed having better sound system. My F25 X3 HK system sounds 10x better and I remember my F80 system didn't sound this bad.
  • Laser lights with anti-dazzle coding are AWESOME!
  • I need to make this an annual event!

Here are some photos from the trip. Hope this inspires you to take a road trip and enjoy the privilege we have driving this amazing machine.
What's your experience with the R7? How is it installed/mounted and do you get many false triggers?
Appreciate 0