Learning to drive again
Rep
Drives: M3CS

Garage List
2024 BMW M3 CS  [10.00]
Thank you ALL for your very kind words. I am so glad you enjoyed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
Nice read. The thing looks like it gets up to 150 with ease, Insane.

Did you manage the tyre pressures, letting out air etc?
How this car accelerates and the speeds it reaches are really insane. The in-person perception of this is wild; the tiny vibrations, how distant objects become very big ones in an instant... Just wild!

I did try manage the tire pressures, but wasn't successful. If my starting pressures were below 30 psi, the tires would warm up even faster and create a very pronounced and discouraging vibration during the turns. One session, the vibrations were so bad that I had to pit in after 3 laps, get out and check the tires, lug nuts to make sure there was no danger. So, subsequent sessions, I would take two laps to warm up the tires before hard braking and turns, which helped a lot, but than with such low pressures the car became unstable with understeer and snap oversteer. So, finally, I set my cold pressures to 32 in the fronts and 34 in the rears and let it be and do the best I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyuhh View Post
How did you like the ZF transmission on track ?
Oh yes, I should have written about this also. First day, first session, being apprehensive, I set the transmission to S2. After few laps I set it to S3, and it felt a lot better with crisper and more immediate shifts. Gear changes were perfect, there was never any hesitation, immediate shifts, up or down. The jolts during shifts, particularly 3rd to 4th, gave me this oddly satisfying tingle in my spine, I could not get enough of it

Given how overwhelmed I was during the first session, I am glad I did not have to do my own shifting frankly. I have no complaints about the transmission at all.