View Single Post
      05-14-2023, 02:06 PM   #7
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

a good sim rig gives immersion but nothing compared to real thing.

- direct drive wheel is a must. you will spend a few hours tuning the wheel but i just follow the recommended settings on the internet. i have a fanatec cheapest DD wheel, plenty good

- software.
ACC i didn't find it any good. it's a GT3 racing game and i don't like GT3 cars.
iRacing - according to race car drivers, the most comparable to real life. but it costs ongoing money to use it. also if you're not into racing then it's not for you.
rFactor 2 - the most realistic steering wheel feedback. you can feel what the tires are doing. no racing just cars and tracks. problem is limited cars. but you can download cars and tracks that people create in their own time. not sure how realistic these cars are but man the steering wheel detail is crazy.
AC - not realistic driving but lots of cars and tracks and you can spend a lot of time installing all sorts of mods. the only thing i like on the software is the Huracan V10 mod. sounds very good.

gran turismo 7 - the most cars and tracks but unrealistic driving. all you get is understeer and snap oversteer. nothing in between. poor steering wheel feedback. no seat motion as not PC. but you can have VR!

- screen - you want a low latency 120Hz screen. either one 32:9 or 3x 16:9 on PC. just 16:9 on PS5/GT7.

- motion - only on PC. i use a next level racing 6 axis seat thing. up down sideways front back. i would like a traction loss platform (you can feel oversteer) but i gave up on PC because it didn't feel realistic enough. so i stopped investing in the rig.

nowadays i just go on GT7 on PS5 once in a while. and dream of the track all the time. lol
Appreciate 1