Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition X

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren720s View Post
Thanks. So do we know the results of that track test? The article was from September.

Still impressive that XDrive posted the highest lateral grip out of all those cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkdog View Post
Can’t find R&T’s results and I love my G82x and would love for this to be true, but I’m having a really hard time buying this.

Why? One of the cars they are comparing to is the 2022 911 GT3. C&D measured it at 1.11g on the skidpad and it comes with Michelin cup 2’s. Not to mention the Huracan STO which C&D tested at 1.14g.

Though on the flip side, what good reason would R&T have to say this if it wasn’t true? Will be interesting to see who comes out on top of their 2022 Perf Car of the Year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82 View Post
Really doubt this lateral grip test, I like the M3 and every performance machine BMW makes (my track car is my 1 series which I love) but I literally cannot believe it posted higher lateral grip than any other car especially with the competition in that lineup. M3 comes with Pilot Sport 4S tires and weighs 3880lbs You're telling me those grip more than a GT3 with Cup 2s, a car that weighs around 3100 pounds and has has aero? What about the Huracan STO also with aero and weighs 2900 ish pounds? What!?

Here are the results:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews...r-of-the-year/
Thanks for that!

Faster than the CT5-V Blackwing!