View Single Post
      07-01-2021, 12:11 PM   #11
rocknpop
Rep
Drives: Acura 3.2CLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
I'll chime in as a previous S52 Z3M owner. First off, I'm assuming this is a coupe and not roadster since you said it was rare?

The subframe was a very well know issue and if the welds look good, then you should be fine. The S52 engine is essentially bulletproof with good maintenance. If the thermostat is leaking, then I would opt to replace the entire cooling system since you'll be in there anyways and will be flushing other fluids too: water pump, expansion tank, upper/lower hoses, thermostat, radiator, etc. This will be the most time consuming and expensive issue; tires may be expensive depending on what you choose.

Regarding the water pump, OEM spec is a plastic impeller, but many opted for the Steward version which is metal and will last a lifetime. A lot more costly, but having the plastic impeller shatter into pieces will be a lot more expensive.

Show me a previous owner who's airbag light wasn't on....there's a few fixes that you can find online, but with this car, not an immediate issue. Shocks and brakes should be fine for now. $13K for a coupe isn't bad, but too much for a roadster.
Very useful. Thank you. I think I’ll pass on the car. Too many headaches upcoming.
Appreciate 0