View Single Post
      10-09-2020, 02:55 PM   #17
VetteGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Arctic Race Blue M440iX

I think xlover explained it well and I myself fall into his #2 category of an enthusiast shopping the market.

Can’t disagree with karussell, China is where the money is now, but the new grill design has nothing to do with China, it’s about the i4 and Using all of the 4ers to create that niche. I can’t explain the M3 though.

Montaver sums up the reason that a true M car is not a daily driver for a lot of people who appreciate and lust after them. Again, I fall into that logic as well and this I bought a M440iX in lieu of the M4 which would have been so cool.

Wyndi3351 is correct, there are more than a few young enthusiasts with good paying jobs, or parents who do, willing to buy and mod expensive cars. I’m even older than him and have always driven nice new cars and a few classics, but I’ve worked hard to do that.

And ThatKrazyPolak is also correct that a significant number of 20-30 somethings consider cars as a necessary evil more so than they have real enthusiasm for cars fast sexy cars.

So, with all that said... BMW appears to be marketing across all of those segments, hoping to capture market share among each of them. Tough nuts to crack in the US though where trucks and SUVs rule the roads.
Appreciate 0