View Single Post
      06-04-2017, 03:35 AM   #68
Mr.Athansios
Abu Dhabi
Rep
Drives: F82 Atlantis Blue One of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
All wheel drive that you can shut off coming to the M5, so I wonder how long until it's an option or mandatory on the M3/4? Especially given Van Meel is the former Audi RS head.
“The core component of M xDrive is a central intelligence unit with M-specific software delivering integrated control of longitudinal and lateral dynamics. The new drivetrain technology – making its debut on the new BMW M5 – therefore combines all of the agility and precision of standard rear-wheel drive with the supreme poise and traction of the all-wheel-drive system,” explains Frank van Meel, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW M GmbH.

The driver can choose from five different configurations based on combinations of the DSC modes (DSC on, MDM, DSC off) and M xDrive modes (4WD, 4WD Sport, 2WD).

“If we continue the power increases in the future – especially regarding torque and also horsepower – then probably the next generation M5 and M6 will have so much torque and power that we need to think about those solutions,” says Van Meel.

More here.

Hmm.. I think there is a chance it will be like the M5 for the next M4/M3 gen. But, I also doubt that, because of they did, that would be a better and faster car than the M5 (Which is something they don't want to do). And Knowing BMW, those M4 and below it, the cars are suppose to be sport funky cars! That's why they're rear wheel, to stay pure in it's drifting and traditional rear wheel. The alpina B4 is all wheel drive, but the whole idea is interesting! we have to wait couple years for the leaks and speculations, hehe.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18113.00