View Single Post
      02-09-2023, 09:15 AM   #60
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

Some dealers sell at MSRP, some greedy dealers have Sales Managers or GMs buy all special editions for themselves to flip them for private (!!!) profit, some dealerships have market pricing, it is all over the place…and annoying. Autonation dealerships have ADM and jack up the finance rates, Paul Miller Porsche has lists that are of no consequence because they sell allocations to highest bidders, etc. regardless of holding a deposit for years (insert many other dealers here).

Buying a car has become such an annoyance when you are a true enthusiast. And while a long standing relationship can help you to sometimes score a cool car at MSRP even that has become harder. Add the ignorance of many sales advisors - with few exceptions who tend to be active on these boards for example - and the constant turnover in the industry, it will not get any better.

Congratulations to the few that received their CSL with their preferred spec. I had my eyes set on a 4 door and still wish to secure a Signal Green CS with no ADM since my dealer has a couple of deposits ahead of me unfortunately - but has been transparent from the beginning. If it wont happen, so be it!

Lastly, price aside, recent CSL and CS models are significantly different, but everyone needs to decide for themselves if it is worth the increased price of entry.

Basically, I agree with everyone - time for flippers to pay the price of rapid depreciation. Patience and it will all work out one way or another.
Appreciate 2
DM5PAV375.00
M3 boi3211.00