View Single Post
      07-09-2022, 09:41 PM   #1
DTR235
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Xdrive

M4 Now, or Wait Some Months

Hey, all.

I've been making a few threads about navigating the waters of a new M4C purchase. Everyone here has been INCREDIBLY helpful and I can't say enough about how positive and awesome this community is here.
This is my first foray into buying a highly desired car.
I had an allocation on a C8 Corvette in the early days and dropped it when the dealer told me I should expect at least a $20k ADM upon delivery.

Here is the "long" of it:

I was on a previous allocation list that had a delivery of a 2023 being 8+ months.

So in my haste, I actually found a car that is spec'd exactly how I would spec a custom order (Brooklyn Grey, Fiona Red CFB's, carbon interior, carbon exterior, etc...) - essentially fully loaded, less the CCB's.
This car is a 2022 (out of state) with around 1,300 miles for $101k. It would cost $2.5k to ship it, so I would be all in, less taxes, at $103.5k but a 2022 with 1.3k miles.

Here's the rub. On the advice of a fellow bimmerpost bro, I visited a well liked dealership in the area that will not charge above MSRP for these for in-state folks as a courtesy. This is awesome, because on the way to seeing them, I called another dealership I thought had some inventory but it was sold and they flat out told me on the phone that any new M3/M4, even if customer ordered new, will incur a $10-20k ADM.

So needless to say, a dealership willing to stick to MSRP and provide great customer customer experience was incredible. I'm not crazy about a $2.5 NON-refundable deposit, but I'm not surprised they do that since they actually stick to MSRP.

The good dealer happened to have a fresh allocation open. Production begins in Sept. and delivery estimated in Nov... so 4 months, which is not bad at all. And this is for a 2023 with "no miles". And it's actually cheaper.

Breakout goes down like this:

Get car spec'd how I want now and pay $2.5k to ship from TX.
- 2022 MY
- 1,300 miles
- Will run ~ $104k before taxes and fees (def. above MSRP)

Order through dealer for a brand new car
- 2023 MY
- 0 miles
- Will run ~ $97k before taxes and fees (MSRP)
- But have to wait until November, when winter is already here where I live

I'm pretty impatient, but I currently drive a 400whp modded M235 I love driving, so the more I think on it the more silly it seems not to wait and pay less for a newer and less mileage car. Plus, I'll be financing, so I would assume the newer model year of 2023 vs 2022 will help with resale...

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0