View Single Post
      12-30-2021, 02:51 PM   #46
jkap27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
While I agree launch control shouldn't be used, where are you getting that an M3C would do 4+ seconds without it? I think it's impossible for that to happen. That's M2 territory.

And if you want to use your own argument against yourself, ask when you're going to meet an electric car that's brand new and 100% charged all the time. By the time they go through some charging cycles the battery is already starting to lose its capacity, and if you meet a Model 3 with 50% battery on the road, who says they'll be quicker?
People are getting high 2's even in the M3C xdrive. of course a lot of that depends on elevation and that sort of stuff. Right ive watched plenty of tesla drag race videos including the one that kicked off this thread and seen teslas even in controlled environments have bad launches. I think hes talkin about the rolling start figures on ICE cars. I think rolling start might be slower than just stepping on the gas from a dig with no launch control but im not entirely sure. I have a 2018 M240i xdrive now where the rolling start is supposed to be somewhere in the low 5s but it feels a lot faster than that from a dig w/o launch control

Last edited by jkap27; 12-30-2021 at 03:19 PM..
Appreciate 0