Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
Definitely worth a look... AWD with RWD mode would be awesome too... great launches and also better in sketchy weather. Agree with the other guy above about the Cadillac not being a good complete package but it's still got a lot to offer and for significantly less than E63 or M5. Pay less, get less. CTSV would be an amazing deal for like $75k but seems like they've priced themselves higher and higher making the M5 the winner and probably the best value of all the super sedans.
Read on Autoblog that it will be an automatic, so no interest. The HP wars are eliminating the most important option in my buying decision. The latest Vantage that detuned the engine to allow for a manual, will hopefully be a trend, but 4doors and a stick is getting hard to find.
I think the horsepower wars in general is ruining cars. Too many cars care about speed and 0-60 times over driver involvement and engagement. There's a reason why cars like Miata's and BRZ's are still so fun despite their low power outputs. The M5 is kind of turning into a numb rocket because of that, but thats just my opinion.

The M2C is probably the most amount of power I'd want for a RWD chassis (although I was fine with the non-comp's power too), otherwise it becomes too powerful and hard to control and can even ruin the manual transmission experience because it can't handle the power similar to the F10 M5.
Blame the enthusiast community for the perceived horsepower wars.
Appreciate 0