View Single Post
      07-23-2018, 01:12 PM   #48
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Something else I just thought of which might be an option for you. What type of Internet service do you have? Cable? If so, you might be good after all. There is a technology called MoCA (DirecTV has a similar one they call DECA). Just like Powerline adapters, MoCA uses RG6 coax cabling which is in a large number of homes as the data cable for networking. You need MoCA adapters on both ends to establish a network link. If you opt to use DirecTV's implementation, you can go on Fleabay and find DECA adapters there. I'm currently using DECA in my home for the 4 DirecTV HD DVRs I have. It's been for the most part trouble free. I think I had to power cycle the DECA adapter which is the LAN gateway for the system once. I seem to recall both systems support up to a 200 or so Mbps transmission rate. I know the system works well as HD content streams fine between DVRs in my home.
Appreciate 1