View Single Post
      06-02-2021, 04:32 PM   #25
mmckenzie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3 6MT (BSM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Driving Experience: The car is so competent that it just doesn't elicit any emotional response, at least not yet. Coming from my F80 CS and my prior base F80, those cars tried to kill you each time you drove them. This car wants to be friends. That was a criticism often seen in driving reviews and I would think to myself "what a silly criticism." In reality, having driven it the car was improved upon in every respect and it's truly amazing what BMW pulled off here. From what I experienced yesterday, BMW have basically eliminated any feeling of body roll even at speeds in excess of 100 mph while taking turns that put the car in maybe .8 lateral G (estimated). It is a strange feeling. Pushing a car and eliciting nothing other than compliance.

All This Improvement = Less Feeling of Danger, and Less Feeling of Danger = Less Adrenaline.

With that being said, I am really looking forward to tracking this car later in the summer.
Congratulations, the car looks absolutely stunning and I am sure none of these photos do any justice. I couldn't agree with you more on your statement here, as I often get shocked at how easily she gets to 100mph in 6th gear!
Appreciate 0